Panel Discussion: Shaping the Future of Clinical Trials through Smart Technologies to Optimize Patient Experience
Time: 5:00PM - 5:45PM
Technological advancements and digital innovations have resulted in automated trial processes to improve accuracy, speed, and cost. However, integrating smart technology in trials could be hampered by issues such as data availability, quality, security, and privacy, as well as lack of skills and knowledge.
This panel will look at the fundamentals needed to improve digital trials and maximize the value of emerging technology and digital innovation in clinical research. Our panelists will discuss the common challenges they face and how they have successfully overcome them.
- Building a data & analytics strategy roadmap to enhance efficiency and outcomes: Governance, quality, storage, standardization and advanced analytics
- Educating patients and participants to use technical devices such as sensor trackers, wearable medical technology, and mobile apps to ensure accurate data
- Developing strategic partnerships and collaborations: Identifying solution providers who can support the journey towards digitally-enabled clinical trials
- Leveraging appropriate technology and strategies to achieve data security and protection against potential cyber threats
- Workforce management: Conducting an analysis of technical skills and knowledge gaps to enhance training and ensure proper use of tools and data
- Identifying use cases, emerging technology and key considerations for organizations stepping into digital transformation and developing their technology