Panel Discussion: Shaping the Future of Lab Automation: Exploring Emerging Technology Trends and Best Practice to Scale at Pace
Time: 4:50PM - 5:35PM
Date: 14 November 2023 Block 7
Accelerating R&D and increasing the speed of quality experiments is critical. Lab automation has the potential to accelerate the process by reducing the turnaround time by 50%, offering huge benefits to researchers. However, identifying and adopting a suitable technology comes with many operational barriers.
This panel discussion will help you develop a roadmap for implementing suitable emerging technology and best practice to overcome challenges and scale at pace.
- Organizational assessment and strategic planning: Evaluating suitable emerging technology and automation use cases to optimize R&D performance
- Conducting a cost-benefit analysis to determine the financial viability of automation and how to demonstrate the ROI
- New vs. used equipment: Evaluating equipment costs, condition, compatibility, and long-term viability to make an informed decision
- Testing the compatibility of automation solutions with existing infrastructure, equipment, workflows and workforce
- Developing robust data management systems and protocols to handle the increased volume of data generated through lab automation, ensuring data integrity, security, and accessibility
- What’s Next? Exploring opportunities for integration with other emerging technologies, such as digital twins, AR/VR, and others, to further enhance the capabilities and productivity of lab automation
- Vijay Nair Director, R&D IT - Bristol Myers Squibb
- Eben Crawford Business Operations Senior Specialist - Ultragenyx
- Kelcy Newell Senior Director, Robotics and Automation Development - AstraZeneca