AI in Drug Development: Hype or Reality
26 July 2022 | 10:00 - 11:00 ET
The pharmaceutical industry must reduce the cost and time it takes to bring new drugs to patients for unmet needs and rare diseases. Applying AI and deep technology to the R&D process promises to break barriers to successful translation of candidates to safe and effective drugs. However, the reality of this technology hasn’t yet met the promise, or has it?
This panel discussion will focus on the opportunities and challenges associated with adopting AI and ML in translational research and drug development.
Learn From Our Panel of Industry Experts
R&D Global Program Management,
Topics of Discussion:
- Identifying the most common barriers preventing the successful adoption of AI initiatives for drug development in small and large organizations
- Comparing the challenges with applying AI to determine safety and efficacy: Small molecule vs. large molecule candidates
- Understanding how general and deterministic systems approach PK/PD/E predictions differently: What are the impacts?
- AI adoption and the impacts of user interfaces (UI and UX) on different user groups
- Overcoming data capture, accessibility and analytic challenges: Ensuring availability of accurate, usable data for generation and prediction